Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the most common questions customers ask
XYZ Textbooks FAQs
An All-Access Pass gives you 1 full year of complete access to all of our online content, including all of our eBooks, MathTV videos, and online worksheets. The All-Access Pass includes:
- All XYZ eBooks
- All electronic supplements, including Worksheets
- All MathTV Videos, including MathTV mobile
- XYZ Homework access (if required by your instructor)
- QR Code Access
It comes with any new book purchased directly from XYZ Textbooks, plus a standalone version. You have three options:
- Purchase any XYZ ebook. You automatically get an All-Access Pass, with access to 20+ ebooks and thousands of instructional videos at MathTV.com.
- Purchase any XYZ printed book. When you purchase a printed textbook directly from XYZ Textbooks, you automatically get an All-Access Pass tucked into the front cover, so there is no need to purchase both.
- Purchase an All-Access Pass separately: $45.
Every XYZ Textbook comes with an amazing online video library to help students throughout their course. These videos can be viewed in three ways:
- From within the XYZ eBook. Utilize our online video lessons as they accompany each example in the textbook.
- From within the printed book. Scan the QR codes located inside printed textbooks* with your mobile device. An All-Access Pass gets you access to our complete video library!
- Directly from MathTV! Go to MathTV.com, select "Videos by Topic,” and choose your textbook. *QR codes are not available in every textbook.
XYZ Homework provides powerful online instructional tools for faculty and students. Our unified learning environment combines online assessment with MathTV.com video lessons, and works in conjunction with each XYZ Textbook to reinforce concepts taught in the classroom. Randomized questions provide unlimited practice and instant feedback with all the benefits of automatic grading. Your instructor will give you a Course ID if you are using XYZ Homework—be sure to ask! An All-Access Pass includes XYZ Homework at no additional cost.
Click on the Forgot Password link and enter your email address. A new password will be sent to the email we have on file. Check your spam folder if you don't see it in your inbox. If you do not receive an instant reply, you may have entered an invalid or incorrect email address when you initially created an account. If you need more help, please contact us directly.
Are you using your correct email address? Be sure to remember if you created your account with your personal or school email. If you believe you entered your email incorrectly when first registering, please contact us directly.
Purchasing an All-Access Pass automatically registers you! To log in, please use the same email address and password you used to create your XYZ account. Your All-Access Pass is activated and ready for use! If you need more help, please contact us directly.
Did you buy a new shrinkwrapped copy from your campus bookstore? Great! Your access code will be printed on a media card insert attached to the first page. Did you buy it new from someone else online? Be careful. We assign a unique access code to each book. If the book is secondhand, there is a good chance the code has been used. If necessary, you can purchase a standalone All-Access Pass.
If your copy of the textbook has already been opened or used, your access code may not be active. You will need an All-Access Pass to view the eBook, worksheets, answer sets, exclusive MathTV video tutorials, and XYZ Homework (if your instructor is using it). If necessary, you can purchase a $45 All-Access Pass.
We strongly encourage you to buy your book new (either directly from XYZ Textbooks or shrink-wrapped in your campus bookstore) because the All-Access Pass will be included in the textbook price. This will save you money!
You may be re-registering by accident. If you have entered the code once before, you do not need to re-enter it. Try logging in with the email and password you used to create your account. If you need more help, please contact us directly.
If you purchased a used book—or a new book from your campus book store that's not shrinkwrapped—your code may have already been used by another student. If so, you will need to purchase a $45 All-Access Pass.
Users of some versions of the Chrome browser may experience some delays in displaying ebooks. Versions 49 and 50 are affected, and the problem has been solved in versions 51 (released June 6th 2016) and newer.
If you're experiencing significant delays, in the order of 30 seconds when changing sections, you have a couple options: